
Cornelia Parker/ Tilda Swinton, The Maybe, 1995
(thanks to E.Jae)
and I also I found:

Cornelia Parker, Cold Dark Matter: An Exploded View, 1991
(follow link to see other installation views/ different lighting/ close-ups/ pics of the explosion...)
These were very appreciatively found and duplicated from this blog, The Opposite of Tomato.
The (anonymous) blogger wrote this nice passage to describe the experience of the piece:
Cornelia Parker has long been an artist I much admire, from the time I first encountered her iconic work 'Cold Dark Matter: an Exploded View', a typical garden shed & its contents blown apart at the artist's request by the British Army & then reconfigured in a gallery setting, the pieces of charred wood & objects hung on wires from the ceiling around a central, single light bulb: experiencing the work at Tate Modern was wonderful, as one is both simultaneously able to walk around the arrangement, the physical object, the not-quite-still-life, & yet be enveloped within it, with dramatic shadows of the suspended objects being cast on the surrounding walls & also the distinctive smell of the charred matter lingering in the atmosphere. - TV's Mr. Snooker, North Wales, UK
Very cool. After initially feeling strange and strangely depressed after rehab today I'm getting more optimistic about this. The rulez- I move forward intuitively, I keep mum, and try to figure it out later. This will come full circle eventually, and it will probably be faster if I stop getting in the way. One good sign is that funny convergences, however incidental and innocently irrelevant, are once again cropping up in my "research" (just plain search?) and things are feeling beautifully fortuitous.
No comments:
Post a Comment