Sunday, April 5, 2009
narrative of forms
Long, inspiring interview of Francesco Clemente by Charlie Rose (and a sweet and condensed one with the late Bernie Mac after).
Rosanna sent me the link the other day and after watching the video just now, I can't help but feel thankful for a lot of things. Thankful for artists like Francesco Clemente and professional conversationalists like Charlie Rose. For people who post things on the internet whether or not those things are interesting, banal, useless or true. Also for having the privilege to see, hear, absorb, or disregard any of the stuff out there, floating. And most of all I'm thankful for my dear friends, who point things out to me (or at least try to - I can be kind of blind) when I'm missing the point... we really are, as Clemente says, just a collection of the people around us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i'm so glad you liked the video! i sent it precisely because i loved how he approaches his life and work - especially his wonderment of the unknown
ReplyDelete