Thursday, November 5, 2009

can't stop won't stop





These are kind of old. The 3 rhino screen grabs are from a few weeks ago, from when I was cleaning up my model for Vince to very generously print at Ryerson for me. I thought the bad mesh/good mesh messages were funny - not only in themselves and their detailed/detached assessments but also how strongly I reacted to them... these scripts somehow compelled me to spend hours trying to fix my 'bad' work. If only I had automated messages from my computer telling me how many degenerate faces need fixing in my thesis! oh well...

And here are the 4 fruits of my rhino labour so far. They cost $170 (approx. 11 cubic inches of plastic at $15/cubic inch) to fabricate and while I'm going to do the wax thing on them to see how it goes, I've already kind of ditched this process in my mind for other possibilities. Oh, and the 3d printer at school is now officially operational and ready for use.





2 comments:

  1. vien, I saw you were briefly on gmail chat last night and then a thought tinkled that you were updating your blog and am I right!

    first, love the title of this post - it really speaks to me. :D
    Wow,the plastic mold looks divine. I am so thrilled and excited to see all these work, the process itself is so interesting. keep it going!!
    *or rather I am just like a grumpy old lady waiting impatiently for the next episode of Golden Girls to pass the day*

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks amy! but i need to get out of here.... heeeellllpppp...

    ReplyDelete